Sunday, August 16, 2009

Young Adult Summit

Friends,

One of our upcoming events is significantly more intensive and costly than the rest. This event targets Young Adults interested in leadership roles. I am planning on going to this event, as it looks great, but I know that cost may be a factor for some of you. The event itself is offering scholarships, but the YAMs budget is just about tapped out – especially as we are currently in softball-funding limbo. So, I cannot offer much in the way of help to this event beyond a ride our car. If you are a student of any sort (or only very recently not) at UTC, I can help out with diocesan funds.

Boy howdy, all of this and I haven’t even told you what it is. Well, they have spent a lot of money on marketing and web design, so check out what the event itself is saying here. The event itself is being billed as the Province IV (Southeast US) Young Adult Gathering. It is full of great speakers and should be very exciting. I would love to take a big group from St. Paul’s to this conference. It takes place on Oct. 16-18.

There is a deadline to register that is Sept. 14th. After that there is an additional fee. I called and talked to the coordinator and she agreed to waive the fee, but it would be helpful to know who might be at all interested in this event as soon as we can. Please, please, please email me back as soon as you can if you have any interest in this event.

Yours in Christ,
Bob

No comments: