Monday, November 17, 2008

Community Kitchen Event a Great Success!

Greetings friends,

Thanks so much to those of you who were able to come help out at the community kitchen event! Whether you were able to come out or were able to donate to the cause - thank you.

Just look at all that stuff in the van – we nearly filled it completely!

I spoke with Greg, one of the Community Kitchen employees, who told me that our cleaning and organization of cans really helped them to get ready for the big influx of donations that they expect to receive during the holiday season.

I also booked two more dates in the coming year for us to help out - this time perhaps serving food as they are able to accomodate us.

Here are some pictures from the event - they are by no means exhaustive of those who came out to help.

In addition to our regular folks from St. Paul's who came to help out, I also invited the St. Peter's "College and Career Group" and two of them came - thanks for your help Colin and Robert!

Yours in Christ,
Bob

P.S. I had mentioned to some of the folks who came that I was wearing the one pair of blue jean denim pant slacks that I own. I also mentioned that these said trousers belonged to my Gram-Gram. These statements are both true. What I neglected to mention to this group is that these are men’s jeans, despite the fact that my grandmother wore them. The blue jean denim pant slacks in question are pointed to in one of the pictures. Or, at least that is one side of the story. Perhaps my “Spirit Shoes” were being pointed out . . .





No comments: