Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Habitat Chatt

Greetings friends,

As many of you may be aware, by reading the Chimes, Bulletin, my emails, the printed calendar, or this webpage, we have a Habitat Work Day coming up this Saturday, Oct. 18th. I decided to post an article about this work here, as I send out the email reminder as an additional reminder.

This Saturday, we will meet at the Habitat for Humanity for Chattanooga location at:

1201 E Main St
Chattanooga, TN 37408
(423) 756-0507

Here is a map.

As many of you may also know, there is a required form to be filled out in order to work. I am making that form available here. Just print out the form and bring it with you on Saturday. If you forget, I will try to have some forms with me at 8:15 AM, which is when I will be getting there. Our official work time is the morning shift of 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.

We will be working at the store, not at a house. So, just drive to the store (carpooling is always encouraged) and stay parked there for the whole shift - easy as pie. I was also told to relay to the group, that we should all wear clothes suitable for painting . . .

Now, for the bad news. I will only be able to be at this event for the first 30 minutes or so, while we gather. I have to have a "Safeguarding God's Children" booster shot and training at St. Martin's Episcopal Church from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Believe me, I would much rather be painting the Habitat Store than attending an anti-sexual-misconduct training seminar for six hours. But, this is something that I have to do and it is not offered very often. I apologize. I do hope that everyone will still be able to attend and be on their best behavior.

Yours in Christ,
Bob

P.S. I would like to also ask of any of you that will be there - please consider bringing a camera in order that we might share the pictures on the website after the event.

No comments: