Saturday, February 28, 2009

Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes

Greetings friends,

As many of you know, Episcopal Clergy are expected to undertake continuing education opportunities. I embark upon one such opportunity in the coming week. A small delegation from St. Paul's will be attending the Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes. This is a group of sister churches of similar means in similar situations. St. Paul's will be attending as a guest parish. The topics for classes that I hope to attend include: Young Adult Ministries, Creating a Culture of Call, and The Draft Anglican Covenant Agreement. Additionally, I will be able to see some very fine speakers, engaged in making the Episcopal Church all it can be. There will also be a fair amount of networking - in the good sense of the word. I will be able to hear what other churches are doing for their Young Adults and College Students.

Did I mention that the conference is in New Orleans, LA? There will also be a chance to tour NOLA and see the efforts that the Episcopal Church has made to help after the devastation of Katrina - and those efforts are great from what I understand.

When I return, I shall post a brief report.

Yours in Christ,
Bob

No comments: